Annabelle Sneak Peeks Day 3


It's day three of sneaks from Annabelle Stamps and it's been very hard to keep these two cards a secret! Sometimes when I get a new stamp set I struggle to come up with an idea that I feel is innovative - but not with this set... It's called Butterfly Sunshine and I'll show you why. I have two very different takes on a sunburst theme.

First I'll show you what I did with three of the butterfly images:


I stamped the butterflies with Archival ink onto watercolour paper and coloured them with Distress Markers. I used the remnants from a card I made last week to create this sunburst pattern that emanates from the center(ish) of the card.

For my second card I am showing you what I did with the two sunburst stamps in the set... 

I did my best to find inks with the same tint (the amount of white mixed with the colour) so my rainbow was consistent. I don't own a lot of coloured inks, so I think I did pretty well.. I actually like how some of my stamping was inconsistent - it makes it look kind of distressed. Some of my inks are a little old and on the dry side, but it worked out to my advantage this time! The sentiment is a perfect accompaniment to a rainbow card, and I stamped it and die cut it out with a Spellbinders label die. 

Head on over to the Annabelle Stamps blog to see more sneak peeks! Thanks for stopping by!


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I love both cards but the vibrancy you've created with the colors and dsp used on the first card, especially with the design on the yellow strips really gives the illusion of a bright sunny day .. Stunning! I also love that you've left an edge on the butterflies..just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card!!!Love the colors,Awesome butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are stunning pieces of art! Awesome showcases of the new butterfly release, which looks like a must have! It's on my wishlist already!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both, but I'm particularly fascinated by the first one! I love the sunburst -- I've seen a lot of that technique but I don't know how to do it without a die! Can you share with us how you did it???? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I did a tutorial a while ago, but maybe I didn't because I can't find it!! I will do one asap!

      Delete
  5. These are incredible! My fave would be those fabulous bright butterflies but it's the way you have used those rays of sunshine that really make me want to get back to my stash and start stamping, so so clever Tobi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are very cool Tobi!! I especially like the first one!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tobi, you rocked this set!!! LOVE both off your cards, they both blew me away, Awesome work and clever designs!

    Take Care,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!